Friday, December 19, 2008

A Tribute to Ms. Jenny Lim

Ms. Jenny Lim, a person whom I know and respected very much. She is the one who watches me grow up, from a little kid when I was in Primary school, to secondary school and up to University. She is the one whom gave me an 'ang pow' which I still remember and keep the packet up to today when I first entered USM.



She is the one whom have been through lots of obstacles with us, be it company problem or even family issue. Starting off with working as a clerk with the then Stor Rakyat Sihat in 1994, her preseverance and her attitude of treating people with a true heart brought her and us through lots of events, be it pleasant or unpleasant, personal or official.



I guess in the year 2001, she left the company to operate her own business as a hawker selling kolo mee at the previously known 'Highland Disc Center' at Ang Cheng Ho. Now, why she left such a promising job to operate such an tedious business must be backed by tonnes and loads of reasons. I truly wanted to extend my apologies to her for not only work for us, but also bear with lots and heaps of our family issues. I guess its a series of events that resulted in her making such a shocking decision to leave the company.



The company was left in a piece of havoc when she left and even more, the manager also wanted to resign at almost the same time soon after she left. Its really a pressure and lots have to be done back there and there is merely no one who knows the operation inside out, even my mum whom is still new in the company. I wonder the person who caused all these ever felt bad...or even felt sorry.!



Well, since Jenny is the one who knows everything inside out and is a trustworthy person, my parents went to her coffee shop and met her a few times, trying to persuade her to come back to help out. I still remember going to the shop in my school uniform with my mum, pretending to have lunch there just to meet her and to talk to her....And thankfully, she agreed to come back to the company.



7 years later, its 2008. Heaps of events happened caused by the same person again even before I left to Perth. And, finally in September, I guess Jenny cant stand the stupid and unnecessary pressure and in addition of another better job offer, she resorted to leave the company. This only came to my knowledge after I have landed in Kuching on the 2nd December, few months after everything happened. I guess mum don want me to be worried of this silly stuff so much and concentrate on my studies..

Well, I sincerely want to extend my gratitude to Ms. Jenny for being with us for such a long period of time. A big Thank you!..

We had a thanksgiving dinner at 18th mile restaurant on last Sunday, 14th December 2008. Before the dinner, we had our usual monthly safety meeting and I guess this will be the last time Jenny will be with us. On that dinner, many of us just cant control our emotion and start to shed tears including me, my sis dad and of course my mum. My mum also then adopted Jenny as her foster daughter..Hahaz..

Well, I guess that's all for this post. Below are some of the pictures taken during the dinner.

1.
Photobucket
2.
Photobucket
3.
Photobucket
4. Group photo
Photobucket
5. Me, Dad, Sis, Jenny and Mum.
Photobucket

All the best in your new career Jenny..

1 comments:

!dA アイダ said...

all the best to Ms. Jenny~ hope everything will turn out right for u my friend..all the best too~