Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Pretesting is really important..

Today had really been a disappointing day for me. Was quite impressing start for the morning untill up to around 2.30p.m.

Started off the day with Quantitative Modelling tutorial and lecture. Being able to understand the lecture and scoring above average for my mid sem was really a great start for me.

Things turn the other way round in the afternoon when I went out to conduct survey with the questionnaire I have designed. Its a group work, questionnaire are sent out to them few days before, waiting for their feedback but to no avail. And so I continued on printing and giving it out to friends and today, went out to do survey myself.

Looking at the respondent's respond to the question, I begin to find glitches in the way I ask the questions. Hell...I refuse to accept the fact in the beginning and continue to do more..until it really struck me that there is really a big problem with the questionnaire.

I was then thinking, wad the hell am I doing? Better correct the error and restart everything. I texted my group members, who usually have no replies in a harsh manner, asking them am I talking to a wall? Eventually, 2 replied but the other, still remains the same. Holy smoke...! dono wad to say. I just want to get the sample size of 240 completed within next week, that's why I pushed hard for it. Well, I admit I didnt do any pretest so its my fault, not to blame others.

One whole afternoon finding out my own mistakes.. Well, gotta learn..send them the corrected ones and at least one said he will gimme feedback by tonight.

Disappointed, came back home...rather than staying in Uni. Wont touch that unit tonite I guess.

Disappointment is how I would describe my day, 'learn from error' is the value.

2 comments:

!dA アイダ said...

hye pal, hows everything now?? i still knot sign in MSN..damn...well, read about ur post..cheer up..is not too late still and i hope u get it done soon!! =)

Anonymous said...

heys kimching. understand how you feel. haha. happens here ALWAYS! lol. hang in there n u take care yea. =)