Friday, September 12, 2008

知足常乐.....

Perhaps its true for the theory of satisfaction. Its the measurement of gap between expectation and perception of something. The more you expect, the bigger the gap would possibly be and cause more dissatisfaction.

I just got back my first piece of assignment today for Sales Management 230. Got 71/100 for it, considered a distinction. I expected more than that actually cause I really put tonnes of effort into it. Well, I am dissatisfied with the grade achieved actually. Should I be glad to have a distinction instead? I dont know how others are doing though. Well....dissatisfaction..can really be an unnecessary mood spoiler.

Perhaps the chinese phrase of "知足常乐" is very true and worth practicing. Competition and comparison will only cause unnecessary worries. Its not to work hard to achieve good results, but to a certain level where we are satisfied is enough. Its undeniable that only competition brings improvements. Competition is healthy, without it, there wont be any growth.
The chinese phrase simply means one will always be happy if he is contented. I guess its true...! Wad for crying over a spilled bowl of milk? I should be happy with my grades.. Want more? work harder next round. Dont be unsatisfied.

0 comments: