Thursday, May 28, 2009

My new Laptop....

Exactly 2 weeks after placing my order for my new laptop, or 'toy', it finally arrived today. Was a great day today. Went uni just to collect my assignments for Materials Management and guess what, we've got a wonderful grade for the group assignment. Its 32/35...! Both me and Kevin just cant believe our eyes!.. Hoping for the same too for another group assignment tomorrow.


After that, I left to Carousel's Next Byte to collect my new 'toy'. After paying the remaining amount, I finally get a hold of it!.. Boy.. Switching from Windows to Mac really makes me kinda lost!! It took me quite a while to actually install skype and how to eject the cd from the cd rom..! Just cant believe how technology 'unsavvy' I've become just because of a switch of OS. 

Well, its a MacBook Pro 15" 2.4GHz, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 3MB L2 Cache and 250Gb HDD. 

Got it together with Office 2007 for Mac and a DVI-VGA converter. A sling bag was given as a gift to compensate the student price that they are to match. 

Its my most expensive and precious piece of equipment to date and all I wanna say is thank you mum and dad for this opportunity of studying here in Australia and also for this piece of high performance equipment!! Thank You!

I've got to figure out how am I gonna get a CS3 and also Photoshop elements for my Mac when I get back. Perhaps install Windows on it.

Behold, MacBook Pro 15"



1. My MacBook Pro with Office 2007 for Mac
Photobucket
2. Still in its box..
Photobucket
3. 
Photobucket
4. Next Byte - the Apple reseller..
Photobucket
5. 
Photobucket

I guess this piece will be the last one my parents will get me... After this, things should be well on my own already. Thank you mum and dad..

1 comments:

TC said...

U really need to get a mighty mouse!!!