Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Singapore Trip January 2009

5th January 2009-11th January 2009, Singapore. I've been visiting Singapore for that period of time, not for full vacation purposes, but to get my dad do his checkup and fix all the health problems he had.

Spent most of my time of the week walking along Orchard Road from the hotel to Mount Elizabeth Hospital, consulting 5 different doctors. Hospitals make me sick nowadays.. I know I shouldn't be the one complaining since dad is the one whom is more exhausted after going through all the blood tests and minor operations and injections.

Spent some time at night meeting up with Pei Hui, whom I've havent seen her for almost a year and also Alvin, whom had just went over to Singapore a day earlier than me. Of course, I've also spent time taking photos along Esplanade but unfortunately, I didnt make it to Merlion Park at night.

The weekend was however spent with catching up with relatives in Singapore. My granduncle in Singapore, 86 years old was a veteran during World War 2 in the war against Japanese forces in Malaya. He was with the Communist of Malaya and had lots of geurilla fighting experience. I enjoyed my time listening to his real life story fighting against the Japs and also against nation traitors, how he killed them and how life was when Malaya and Singapore was occupied by the Japs. His right ear suffered a life long injury as a result of Jap army beating. I'm really inspired everytime I see him. At his age, he is very healthy, without any sickness and can walk around like a young person!.. Its really a wonder..!He's cute..

Well, as for the rest of the post, I'll just let pictures do the talking.

1.
Photobucket
2.
Photobucket
3. Dad comparing Singapore in the 80's in the map after Gelare waffle.
Photobucket
4. Fountain of Wealth
Photobucket
5. I like this dish..
Photobucket
6. Bugis area
Photobucket
7. A view from Esplanade...I dont really like this shot though..
Photobucket
8.
Photobucket
9. Blurry cause no tripod..
Photobucket
10.
Photobucket
11.
Photobucket
12.
Photobucket
13.
Photobucket
14.
Photobucket
15.
Photobucket
16. Inside Paragon, after dinner.
Photobucket
17.
Photobucket
18. Poor elderly falling asleep inside McCafe.
Photobucket
19.
Photobucket
20.
Photobucket
21. There are some tips on this 'feng shui' fountain.
Photobucket
22. I called this structure 'durian'.
Photobucket
23. Cute yea?..
Photobucket
24.
Photobucket
25.
Photobucket
26. This sign board is big enough to speak for itself..
Photobucket

0 comments: