Monday, July 21, 2008

Bloody Nikon 18-200mm VR Lens

I dont know what to say about the lens that I have, the Nikon 18-200mm VR lens.. Its performance is good, pictures taken are nice but unfortunately it 'fell sick' yesterday.....So sad...its kinda making me feel moody whole day.

Went visit Caversham Wildlife Park yesterday with mum and sis. Took us whole 2 bloody hours to find where the park is just because of the inaccurate direction given by the GPS on Iphone. Using the camera initially was just fine. It worked as usual, clear fast and sharp as usual. Just after we visited the Koala bears and as I focus, the lens start to jump....Bloody hell...I thought it was the cold weather. And so I put it under my jacket to warm it. The same problem still occur after that...and I was like kinda heartbroke....

Found the service center today near Northbridge and they need the warranty card and receipt to make the warranty claim. According to them, its the VR that is faulty....No drop, no knock no nothing..how come suddenly got problem!....and it need 1 month plus for the servicing...!
How can I live a month without my lens???!!! I am gonna send it in for repair next week no matter its cost...!Pray hard that everything will be fine after service...Will be using my prime lens for the time being..luckily I brought it here...the 50mm f1.8. My best mate too..

Repair Repair ASAP!!!

5 comments:

!dA アイダ said...

oh dear, i hope u can it fixed asap too!!~ haha...nice quote "How can I live a month without my lens???!!!" haha..u sound like a pro man...haha..

well,to ur lens, "GET WELL SOON!!don't dissapoint ur best mate eh...he loves u so much.."=p

Take care pal..

vivi said...

haha...u seems like fall in a deeply love with ur lens!

vivi said...

u seems like fall in a deeply love with ur lens!

Unknown said...

hey bro, u nowaday really fall in love wif ur lens?
can go register liao... become husband n wife...
haha...
but anyway hope tat ur lens get well soon...
nice quote "no matter how much it cost to repair the lens"
(tis quote reserve for rich people only)

!dA アイダ said...

haha...arden, u noticed that quote too? good one..haha...